Introduction to UEA Students Occupational Health
Occupational Health (OH) services are available to students who are undertaking a healthcare or education course. These courses require the student to attend placements in a workplace where they may be exposed to health risks and will be dealing with a vulnerable population. In line with national guidelines and standards we seek to assist the university to maximise the health and fitness of their healthcare and education student population. We do this by:
- assessing the individual’s health prior to study initially using a health questionnaire
- recommending adjustments that may assist individuals to reach their potential in their studies
- managing sickness absence and return to study programmes
- providing travel health risk assessments for individuals travelling for study purposes
- providing immunisations to protect students where appropriate.
In addition immunisations and blood tests are also undertaken on healthcare students to protect the vulnerable individuals they may encounter on placement.
Please click on the appropriate tab on the left for further information regarding your specific course