Click here to order via Patient Access
Please note: the contraceptive pill cannot be ordered on a repeat prescription. Please make an appointment with a nurse (normal nurse appointments A clinic)
Patients are required to see a doctor the first time a prescription for long-term medication is requested.
You should request a repeat prescription at least three days before you run out of the medication using one of the following methods:
- Via Emis Access - follow the link above
- In person - call into reception with your order slip having clearly marked the items required
- By post - send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you
- By telephone - on 01603 251600
- Via online email form - using the link above (please note - this method of ordering will cease on 1st June 2017. We would advise all patients who wish to continue requesting their repeat prescriptions online to sign up for a Patient Access account. To do this, please visit the surgery with a form of photographic ID)
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Please also order repeat prescriptions in good time prior to university vacations.
If you would like someone to collect a prescription on your behalf, please let us know. Prescriptions are classed as part of your medical record and subject to Data Protection and Patient Confidentiality, therefore without the consent of a nominated person(s) to collect them in your absence, we will not be able to hand them over. You only have to let us know once and we will add their details to your record. If you wish to alter your nominated person(s) please let us know.
Electronic Prescribing (EPS)
The practice now supports electronic prescribing. If you have already nominated a pharmacy to pick up your medicines from, they will be available to collect direct from them in 2-3 working days. Please speak to your pharmacist for further information on nominating them if you wish to receive your prescriptions electronically in the future. Prescriptions can still be collected from the Medical Centre if you would prefer.
For further information on electronic prescribing visit: http://systems.hscic.gov.uk/eps/patients