If you are concerned that you may have the virus or have had contact with a confirmed case, DO NOT attend a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay indoors, avoid contact with others and visit https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
What can you do?
- Use www.nhs.uk and www.umsuea.co.uk as much as possible to self-care for minor illnesses
- Ensure you order your repeat medications in plenty of time and don't run out as we will be unable to issue your prescriptions at short notice
- Can you problem be dealt with by a GP over the phone? If so please book a telephone appointment
- Keep up to date with the latest coronavirus advice on www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19 and Public Health England
- REMEMBER - regular hand washing and 'catch it, bin it, kill it' will help prevent the spread of viral infections
What is Coronavirus and should I be concerned? It is a type of virus which are common across the world.
Typical symptoms of coronavirus include fever and cough that may progress to a severed pneumonia causing shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. Generally, coronavirus can cause more severe symptoms in people with weakened immune systems, older people and those with long term health conditions.
COVID-19 is a new strain of coronavirus first identified in Wuhan City, China. Over 200 cases of Covid-19 have been detected in the UK and Public Health England (PHE) currently considered the risk to the UK population to be moderate.
How is it spread? Close contact with a person with the virus via cough and sneezes or hand contact. A person can also be infected by touching contaminated surfaces if they do not wash their hands.
Stay at home guidance for people with confirmed or possible coronavirus and information for households https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-people-with-confirmed-or-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection
Latest Travel Advice https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus and https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/
We will do our best to continue to provide our usual service, however some of our services may be disrupted as things progress.
Last updated: 29.05.20