In association with Parkrun and the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) we are a Parkrun registered practice with Colney Lane Parkrun www.parkrun.org.uk/colneylane and would like to encourage all of our patients to get involved in this global initiative!
Parkrun is open to all, including those who are inactive or have health conditions.
Parkrun can have a positive impact on health and well-being.
You can view our certificate here: UEA Medical Centre Parkrun Practice Certificate
If you are interested in:
- Improving health and well-being through physical activity, including volunteering
- Opportunities to socialise, make friends and be a part of a welcoming, supportive community
- Activities that are free, outdoors and accessible to all
- For any age or ability
- Weekly 5km (3 mile) events for all, every Saturday morning, in areas of open space
- 2km junior Parkruns for 4-14 years olds and their families on Sunday mornings
- Organised by local volunteer teams
- It is not a race: walk, jog, run, volunteer or spectate!
How to get involved:
Once registered, you can sign up to attend any Parkrun in the UK! There are over 850 organised Parkruns across the UK and 4 in Norwich; Colney Lane, Eaton Park, Catton Park and Sloughbottom Park.