Tell us about our service by completing this form.
If you wish to complain please discuss your complaint with the staff member concerned in the first instance if you feel able. If the issue cannot be resolved at this stage, please contact the Business Manager or Operations Manager, who will try to resolve the issue or if you wish to make a formal complaint, please send us a written complaint. All complaints will be investigated thoroughly.
- The practice will acknowledge your complaint within two working days
- The practice will investigate and respond to your complaint within 28 days of the date you raised it
- At this stage you should be offered an explanation or a meeting with the person(s) involved. When the practice looks into your complaint it aims to:
– Ascertain the full circumstances of the complaint
– Make arrangements for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
– Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate
– Identify what the practice can do to make sure the problem does not happen again
The NHS keeps strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. Due to GDPR, if you are complaining on behalf of someone else, the practice needs to know that you have their permission to do so. We are not able to accept a complaint from a family member/third party or disclose any patient information without the patient’s consent and patient’s confirmation that the information given is accurate unless we already have consent noted. If you are complaining on behalf of a patient, we will contact them to obtain their consent and for them verify the complaint content is accurate (unless they are incapable of providing this due to illness or disability)
Complaining to Other Authorities
The practice management team hope that if you have a problem you will use the practice complaints procedure in the first instance. However, if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us, you can contact any of the following bodies to make a complaint about Primary Care services:
If you have raised your complaint with us but you are dissatisfied with the final response, you can take you complaint further by contacting any of the following bodies: